The Jimny 5-door was initially presented by Maruti Suzuki in January at the Auto Expo 2023. The new Jimny 5-door’s fuel economy stats were not disclosed at the time, despite many of its features being revealed. However, ahead of the rugged SUV’s introduction in June, Maruti Suzuki formally disclosed the fuel economy data at the media drive.
- The average fuel efficiency for the Jimny AT is 16.39 kpl.
- For the Jimny 5-door, Maruti Suzuki has received about 30,000 bookings.
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny MT fuel economy is 16.94 kpl.
The Fuel Efficiency of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny
The 1.5-liter K15B engine in the Jimny 5-door generates 105 horsepower and 134.2 pound-feet of torque. A 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission transmits power to all four wheels. Additionally, it has Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro 4WD system, which features a manual transfer case, a low-range gearbox, and settings for “2WD-high,” “4WD-high,” and “4WD-low.” There are two trim levels for the Jimny 5-door: Zeta and Alpha.
The Jimny 5-door with a manual transmission achieves a fuel economy of 16.94 kpl, while the variant with an automatic transmission has a fuel efficiency of 16.39 kpl. The 40-liter Jimny manual’s maximum range on a full tank of petrol is 678 kilometres, while the automatic model’s maximum range is 656 km. Expect the actual range to vary significantly from these numbers.
Maruti Suzuki Jimny anticipated cost and competitors
The Jimny 5-door won’t have any direct competitors when it debuts with costs anticipated to range between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom). The Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha, for example, will compete with it due to its pricing, placement, and off-road capability.
Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-Door Production
The 5-door Jimny, Maruti Suzuki’s off-road vehicle, will be on sale in June 2023. The company started making the car before it was officially released, and the first one has already left its factory in Gurugram, Haryana.
According to the brand, the car will be produced in 100,000 units yearly. The 2023 Auto Expo included the Jimny 5-door. Since then, Maruti is said to have received 30,000 bookings. The official expenses are expected to be made public within the first week of the next month, according to reports.
The Jimny’s ARAI-certified mileage numbers are further described as follows:
- The manual transmission Jimny gets a mileage of 19.00 kmpl in the city and 24.00 kmpl on the highway.
- The automatic transmission Jimny gets a mileage of 18.00 kmpl in the city and 23.00 kmpl on the highway.
- The mileage figures are based on tests conducted by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
- The mileage figures may vary in real-world driving conditions